Thursday, April 29, 2010

View From The Top



Often times here in Seattle I feel as though I am looking up at things. This could be a result of the fact that we only live on the second floor of a seven story apartment complex, or maybe it has something to do with the looming sky scrapers that intimidate me each and every time I find myself walking the busy streets of downtown. Or maybe, just maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm new to this city and still trying to build my own self- from the ground up. Regardless, as a generally tall person it is weird to find myself in this situation, and to be honest, it sure gets exhausting looking up all the time.

Although, today for the first time in a long time, I found myself looking down on things, seeing the city from up above. And as I perched high above the world and peered down on life, I realized that the distance from the bottom to the top is not always as far as it seems. Where I am now and where I want to be in life, in the future, in this city, are closer than I originally thought. It's a beautiful thing when you realize that you are in the right place at the right time. And though things aren't always the way you expected or hoped and dreamed that they would be, looking at your life from a different point of view, from up above the madness and the noise is quite refreshing. And it sure as hell feels better on your neck.



1 comment:

  1. i love that. So true. Sometimes it just feels right, and i'm so happy you've realized that.

    LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete